Periodically, Derek and I are both going to answer some prompts to get a snapshot of what we're up to and how we're feeling. Below, you'll find the latest installment, but if you have suggestions of things to add or things you're interested in learning, let me know.
Current location – Allentown, PA
Mileage - 4961
State count - 19 of 50 (can you believe it?!)
- D - Double-tonguing while circular breathing, true triple-tonguing (long story, but I’m excited)
- R – more about Mark Twain after visiting his home and museum in Hartford, CT
- D – This 50 States book
- R – Neapolitan Novels by Elena Ferrante (currently starting #3), Short stories by George Saunders (Tenth of December) and Tom Hanks (Uncommon Type)
- R – purple frooties (from Planet Fitness)
- D – McDonald’s sausage egg and cheese biscuit sandwich
- D – McDonald’s sausage egg and cheese biscuit sandwich, ha!
- R – the gorgeous fall leaves everywhere for the last month!
- D – My first ever interview in Downbeat!
- R – not often enough...too much happening - not enough time to write it down!
- D – cereal every morning
- R – consistent refrigeration (could be a longer story, but the gist is when we’re boondocking, it means our fridge isn’t running…)
- D – Good. Ups and downs of constant traveling but mostly ups.
- R – Like this whole thing is going by too quickly!
- D – Sweet, sweet music, haha.
- R – felt succulents for RV-friendly decor
- D and R – Pitchfork’s top 50 albums of 2017
- D – hoodie – what else?
- R – black and white striped dress and a hat (it’s Halloween, after all!)